June 3, 2021
Dear Potosi Schools Family,
As we close out the 2020-21 school year, a huge thank you to all our stakeholders. Without your hard work, patience, flexibility, and POTOSI PRIDE, this year could have been about obstacles that were too difficult to take on. Instead, it proved to be a year of great accomplishments as we provided the best possible education for all our kids.
- Thank you to our communities for your continued support of the work we are doing at Potosi Schools.
- Thank you to our partners at Warco Transportation for enacting the necessary steps to safely transport our kids all year.
- Thank you to the Potosi School Board for your leadership, guidance, and trust in the administration and staff.
- Thank you to the parents of our students. Your flexibility allowed us to best meet the needs of our students while continuing to follow the guidance of health care professionals at the county, state, and national levels. Whether it be in the change to the length of the school day, the supervision needed when students had to be quarantined, or the simple support you gave to your child, our success would have been impossible without you.
- Thank you to the students. You accepted and succeeded over challenges put in front of you throughout the year. Whether it was mask mandates, cancellation or altering of events, or changes to the way we had to run school, you persevered and made the best of each situation.
- Thank you to the staff of Potosi Schools. Never has there been a school year when it would have been easier to complain, sulk, or shy away from your duties. Instead, you always kept the number one priority in mind…doing what is best for our students. Your professionalism demonstrated in this year reminds us of how lucky we are to have you educating and protecting our youth.
Looking ahead, we are excited to work with students during a full summer school session that begins on Monday, June 14th. Beyond that, after an opportunity for students and staff to recharge their batteries this summer, we anxiously anticipate the first day of the 2021-22 school year on September 1st. While many have talked about a “return to normal”, we are instead excited to learn lessons from this year and incorporate those experiences into making the 2021-22 school year even better than “the way it has always been.”
Honored to be a part of the Potosi Pride,