April 1, 2020
Parents and Students:
An update as we complete our third week of school closure. .
- The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, and State Superintendent Carolyn Stanford Taylor has shared that there is not “a certain date schools will reopen, but the situation continues to evolve.” In other words, our closure is still indefinite. While we are hopeful that in-person school may resume before the end of the year, we are preparing plans if that is not the case.
- As a reminder, course work that has been shared with students is not optional. Work is evaluated and scored by each teacher as it is turned in and will be used to guarantee successful completion of courses. Teachers have been instructed to limit topics to essential standards as to not overwhelm students and I am happy to report that the majority of our students have done an excellent job of keeping up with their course work through the closure. With this said, our intentions are to ensure that ALL students can be successful during this time. To that end, we are doing the following…
- Both students in grades 5-12 and their parents will be receiving short surveys to let us know what struggles are happening. We will use this information moving forward to better serve you and your children.
- I have instructed teachers that: No new instruction will be presented from Monday, April 6th through Sunday, April 12th. This week will allow students to catch up on any needed assignments as well as give us a chance to go through the survey results to improve our instruction. During this week, teachers will still make themselves available to answer students’ questions and continue to reach out to students to keep the all-important connections with students going. New instruction will begin again on Monday, April 13th.
- Meals for any child age 18 and under will continue to be available for pickup at the school lobby on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. As a reminder, pickup times are from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm and from 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm on each of the three days. If you are unable to make it during these pickup times, please reach out to the school for us to make other arrangements for you.
I couldn’t be prouder of the work done by students, parents, and staff as we pull together to navigate through this historic time. As always, please contact me if there is anything that I can do to help you and your children through this time.